Assisting The Electorate To Wake Up To The UK Government's Discrimination Against The People Of England.

Friday, December 04, 2009

Climategate - Boring - Exactly How To Disengage Interest...

God I'm sick of "Gates"! After Sharongate in EastEnders I thought people might drop it at last, but here we are again - "Climategate". I spoke to my sixteen-year-old nephew about it tonight.

"What IS Climategate?" he asked.

"Have you seen the headlines?" I asked.

"Yeah - sounds boring," he said.

"Well, do you know about Watergate?" I asked.

"No," he said.

Surely it would engage far more interest if headlines were a little more descriptive, and did not depend so much on what the younger generation regard as ancient history? I mean, for God's sake - I'm in my forties and I was only eight at the time of Watergate!

No comments:

Post a Comment